You may click on my name to be redirected to the article’s page. If you wish to receive a copy of any publication, please email me (tmsnml @ nus.edu.sg) and I’ll be happy to send you. 🙂
- Bhargava S, SSC Lee, LSM Ying, ML Neo, SL-M Teo & S Valiyaveettil (2018) Fate of nanoplastics in marine larvae: A case study using barnacles, Amphibalanus amphitrite. ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering 6(5): 6932–6940.
- Ip YK, KC Hiong, LJY Lim, CYL Choo, MV Boo,WP Wong, ML Neo & SF Chew (2018) Molecular characterization, light-dependent expression, and cellular localization of a host vacuolar-type H+-ATPase (VHA) subunit A in the giant clam, Tridacna squamosa, indicate the involvement of the host VHA in the uptake of inorganic carbon and its supply to the symbiotic zooxanthellae. Gene 659: 137–148.
- Koh CZ, KC Hiong, CY Choo, MV Boo, WP Wong, SF Chew, ML Neo & YK Ip (2018) Molecular characterization of a Dual Domain Carbonic Anhydrase from the ctenidium of the giant clam, Tridacna squamosa, and its expression levels after light exposure, cellular localization, and possible role in the uptake of exogenous inorganic carbon. Frontiers in Physiology 9: 281.
- Lyons Y, D Cheong, ML Neo & HF Wong (2018) Managing Giant Clams in the South China Sea. The International Journal of Marine and Coastal Law 33: 1–28. DOI: 10.1163/15718085-13301048
- Ramah S, N Taleb-Hossenkhan, PA Todd, ML Neo & R Bhagooli (2018) Drastic decline in giant clams (Bivalvia: Tridacninae) around Mauritius Island, Western Indian Ocean: implications for conservation and management. Marine Biodiversity. DOI: 10.1007/s12526-018-0858-9
- Sim DZH, ML Neo, ACF Ang, LSM Ying & PA Todd (2018) Trade-offs between defence and competition in gregarious juvenile fluted giant clams (Tridacna squamosa L.). Marine Biology 165: 103.
- Ip YK, CZY Koh, KC Hiong, CYL Choo, MV Boo, WP Wong, ML Neo & SF Chew (2017) Carbonic anhydrase 2-like in the giant clam, Tridacna squamosa: characterization, localization, response to light, and possible role in the transport of inorganic carbon from the host to its symbionts. Physiological Reports 5(23): e13494.
- Neo ML, CCC Wabnitz, RD Braley, GA Heslinga, C Fauvelot, S Van Wynsberge, S Andréfouët, C Waters, AS-H Tan, ED Gomez, MJ Costello & PA Todd (2017) Chapter 4. Giant clams (Bivalvia: Cardiidae: Tridacninae): A comprehensive update of species and their distribution, current threats and conservation status. Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual Review, Volume 55. Pp. 87–388. [Invited paper]
- Neo ML (2017) Giant grouper at Semakau. Singapore Biodiversity Records 2017: 179.
- Neo ML (2017) Possible mating and spawning behaviour of partridge sundial snails. Singapore Biodiversity Records 2017: 121–122.
- Choy C, LSM Ying, SHR Lee, MS Choo & ML Neo (2017) Zebra crab on a sea-urchin at Changi Beach. Singapore Biodiversity Records 2017: 96.
- Neo ML & JKY Low (2017) First observations of Tridacna noae (Röding, 1798) (Bivalvia: Heterodonta: Cardiidae) in Christmas Island (Indian Ocean). Marine Biodiversity. DOI:10.1007/s12526-017-0678-3
- Reimer JD, ME Alves Santos, H Kise, ML Neo, CA Chen & K Soong (2017) Diversity of Zoantharia (Anthozoa: Hexacorallia) at Dongsha Atoll in the South China Sea. Regional Studies in Marine Science 12: 49–57.
- Neo ML (2016) Chapter 5: More than Just A Pretty Mantle. In: Chan J, S Sim and R Tan (eds.), Bugs and Quarks: Stories from the Asian Scientist Writing Prize 2015. Pp. 55-60.
- Teo A, JR Guest, ML Neo, K Vicentuan & PA Todd (2016) Quantification of coral sperm collected during a synchronous spawning event. PeerJ 4: e2180.
- Neo ML, K Vicentuan, SL-M Teo, PLA Erftemeijer & PA Todd (2015) Larval ecology of the fluted giant clam, Tridacna squamosa, and its potential effects on dispersal models. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 469: 76–82.
- Neo ML, BY Lee, K Vicentuan & PA Todd (2015) Dichromatism in the commensal shrimp, Anchistus miersi (De Man, 1888). Marine Biodiversity 45: 877–878.
- Neo ML, W Eckman, K Vicentuan-Cabaitan, SL-M Teo & PA Todd (2015) The ecological significance of giant clams in coral reef ecosystems. Biological Conservation 181: 111–123.
- Neo ML and KS Loh (2014) Giant clam shells ‘graveyard’ at Pulau Semakau. Singapore Biodiversity Records 2014: 248–249.
- Neo ML (2014) New record of nudibranch Goniobranchus collingwoodi in Singapore. Singapore Biodiversity Records 2014: 147.
- Lim KKP, ML Neo, D Ng & CH Toh (2014) New record of Kuiter’s dragonet from Singapore. Singapore Biodiversity Records 2014: 103–104.
- Neo ML (2014) New record of nudibranch Trapania euryeia in Singapore. Singapore Biodiversity Records 2014: 90.
- Vicentuan-Cabaitan K, ML Neo, SL-M Teo, W Eckman & PA Todd (2014) Giant clams host a multitude of epibionts. Bulletin of Marine Science 90: 795–796.
- Neo ML & PA Todd (2014) Coral reef scientists’ perceptions of giant clam conservation and ecology. Tentacle Newsletter No. 22. Pp. 35–36.
- Neo ML & PA Todd (2013) Conservation status reassessment of giant clams (Molluscs: Bivalvia: Tridacninae) in Singapore. Nature in Singapore 6: 125–133.
- Neo ML, PLA Erftemeijer, JKL van Beek, DS van Maren, SL-M Teo & PA Todd (2013) Recruitment constraints in fluted giant clam (Tridacna squamosa) populations in Singapore waters – A dispersal model approach. PLoS ONE 8(3): e58819. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0058819
- Chong KY, MAH Chua, ML Neo, DJJ Ng, SM Yaakub, TC Toh, AKS Wee & DL Yong (2013) Chapter 28. Impacts of development on biodiversity in Singapore. In: Appleton, J (ed), Values in Sustainable Development. Routledge Studies in Sustainable Development. Pp. 286–298.
- Neo ML, PA Todd, SL-M Teo & LM Chou (2013) The effects of diet, temperature and salinity on survival of larvae of the fluted giant clam, Tridacna squamosa. Journal of Conchology 41(3): 369–376.
- Neo ML (2012) A review of three alien parrots in Singapore. Nature in Singapore 5: 241–248.
- Neo ML & PA Todd (2012) Population density and genetic structures of the giant clams Tridacna crocea and T. squamosa on Singapore’s reefs. Aquatic Biology 14: 265–275.
- Neo ML & PA Todd (2012) Giant clams (Mollusca: Bivalvia: Tridacninae) in Singapore: History, Research and Conservation. Raffles Bulletin of Zoology 25: 67–78.
- Neo ML, PA Todd, LM Chou & SL-M Teo (2011) Spawning induction and larval development in the fluted giant clam, Tridacna squamosa (Bivalvia: Tridacnidae). Nature in Singapore 4: 157–161.
- Neo ML & PA Todd (2011a) Quantification of water squirting by juvenile fluted giant clams (Tridacna squamosa L.). Journal of Ethology 29: 85–91.
- Neo ML & PA Todd (2011b) Predator-induced changes in fluted giant clam (Tridacna squamosa) shell morphology. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 397: 21–26.
- Neo ML (2010) The taxonomic status of fig shells, with notes on Ficus variegata (Röding, 1798) (Mollusca: Gastropoda: Ficoidea: Ficidae). Nature in Singapore 3: 117–123.
- Chim CK, ML Neo & KS Loh (2009) The status in Singapore of Strombus (Dolomena) marginatus sowerbyorum Visser & Man In’t Veld, 2005 (Mollusca: Gastropoda: Strombidae). Nature in Singapore 2: 379–384.
- Neo ML, PA Todd, SL-M Teo & LM Chou (2009). Can artificial substrates enriched with crustose coralline algae enhance larval settlement and recruitment in fluted giant clam (Tridacna squamosa)? Hydrobiologia 625: 83–90.